Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing #22

I explored Nings today, I went to "Educator's Ning" and "Ning for Teachers" and found a lot of websites. I was impressed how Ning combines blogs, wikis, Twitter, and so many other Web 2.0 tools into one! Nings are tools that are useful to share experiences with teachers from all over the world and we can find support and awareness that you are not the only one that struggled with something new.
As a teacher, I'm looking for ideas, lessons, or just intellectual discussions and Nings have something that is professionally-based yet also social, we can have professional discussions with colleagues. Nings might have more of a place for teachers than a blog or a website as far as being an online component to the classroom. I was happy with how teachers were sharing lesson plans, looking for solutions to problems in the classroom, etc
I also liked "Teacher Librarian Ning" and "Texas School Libraries Ning" but I didn’t join none of them, since I'm not a librarian. I found both useful because as a librarian you can add events, videos, and job postings. There are also forums, groups, blogs and a Facebook and Twitter connection capability. I think these Nings are great resources to connect, share resources and information, and keep a finger on the pulse of the library world.

No comments:

Post a Comment