Monday, August 2, 2010

Thing #20

I have used Discovery Education for videos to use in my classroom, but it is nice to know that there are other resources out there. I never haven’t used You Tube videos to teach but I’ve received videos in my personal email account and some are not appropriate for my students. I think for that it was blocked. Teacher Tube has videos specifically for education. It is really helpful when introducing new topics with students that don't know anything about the topic, especially in Elementary. Having access to many video resources is fantastic. I've been completely unaware of Teacher Tube and You Tube as a tool for teaching. Now, I can find online appropriate resources to illustrate what we're teaching. I’ll use both tools throughout the year!

I found one video in You Tube that could be useful in my first day of School. It is about Back to school after three months doing nice things and it doesn’t matter if school takes them out, they don’t have to fear that we’ll help students as best as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment