Friday, August 5, 2011

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

Favorite Tool. Many tools to choose: first this blog, is amazing to have a place to shared, to write and opinion, to show your point of view and for us as teachers to interact with our students and parents. I liked tools as Animoto, Google Docs, Wordle, Wallwisher, and others. I will be incorporating Wallwisher within my Language Arts Work Station, Guided Reading and Whole Group mini lessons. This is such a great way for students to interact with each other using a new form of stickies from our original form of "stickies!" I am very excited to receive my iPod touches and netbooks and use the app database when school starts! There is a plethora of activities at my fingertips, so it will be easy to plan and incorporate our new technology. I feel a lot more confident in using Google docs with my team.

Vision. With all the tools that we have now, all the technology devices that we will have in the future and of course the pressure from our own students we are almost obligated to set up our classroom so we can provide those technology tools and use them as part of our daily curriculum but first we need to build the bases for students’ accountability and digital citizenship as cornerstones for an effective classroom-21. I think that I am becoming more aware of how important it is to integrate technology with lessons in the classroom. I feel like I have been slowly getting to where I need to be as far as technology goes. I really want to make sure that I use the websites and technology tools that have been shared throughout this whole process for my lessons and class projects

Surprises. I didn't realize I would be exposed to so many wonderful educational websites. The 11 tools was a bit overwhelming! Yes, it was a bit overwhelming, however it was exciting to get started. It's also exciting to see all the new "tools" that are out there to assist us in educating our students. It's a lot of information to take in but I am confident that I will utilize technology proficiently in my classroom! I was also surprised at the amount of time it took to do these activities and I need to complete the final test. The time we spent creating our 11 tools, outweighs the PDLC credits that we get in return.

Finally I am surprised at how much I liked the useful websites and my want to use them in my classroom this coming year

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had fun. I will be glad to help you find more apps and interactive websites. I am soooo glad that you are complete.

    ReplyDelete