Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tool 6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

Today I created a Diigo account and subscribed to Wallwisher. The Diigo account makes easier to do research and share ideas with teammates. I also created online notice board using Wallwisher. It was very easy to use. It’s basically same as if I used a bunch of post it notes in my classroom to remind me of to do list. This is great to use among school to ask and answer questions or concerns with administration. I could see myself using it with parents and getting their feedback on things, that way they could put their name on it or not which would get more to post. I think, this tool can be used by parents or teachers as reminders for each kid what to do.

http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/ApEnIpnhRU

I have also used Skype and Google Docs before. I think it would be fun to Skype with other classes on campus as well as at other schools. I see the students being able to share their thoughts without being scared because at some of the sites you don't have to give your name.

1 comment:

  1. I also think that wallwisher would be a great way for you to brainstorm during a planning meeting. Great work. I hope that you are having fun with this. You are past the most difficult part the rest is really very easy. If you just get started with that it will quickly flow. Almost there.

    ReplyDelete