Monday, August 1, 2011

Tool 2: Building Community in the Online Environment

I found learning and creating PLN's very beneficial professionally. It’s very helpful to share and view other colleagues thoughts and ideas on any subject matter. I am always searching for new ideas, and it is so much easier to visit the blogs of other teachers to see the kinds of things they are doing in their classrooms rather than searching many sites on the internet or through textbooks.

Sharing my thoughts publicly is an issue for me because there are times where we can post something wrong and it might be the crux of our argument, luckily it’s very easy to emend our mistakes and we can-and have to- do it in a graciously manner.

I found Google Reader interesting but difficult. I bookmarked some great sites, subscribed to a few interesting sites on Google Reader and I am following 2 blogs, still a little confused but making progress. I have no doubt that if we use effectively everything internet has to offer it provides schools with an excellent opportunity to engage the community we serve.

Collaboration and team community is the survival technique of all educators.

1 comment:

  1. Great job. Let me know if you need any help on 3, 4, 5, or 6. Those seem to be the ones that trip most people up a bit. Also, if you read through my blog, I posted about problems people were having so that might help you. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete