Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tool 7: Reaching Outside your Classroom: Online Digital Projects

This tool took a little more time and research than the others. I would like to get involved in throughout the school year. I would like an ongoing project on Science and thought it would be interesting for my class to be a part of it. It would help them to see the differences between Plants, needs of a living being, changes in seasons, etc. After a long time thinking about a collaborative project to share, I decided to make a project aboutPlants. We can Skype and use Google Docs to share my student's ideas, with fellow educators from our school, district, and nationwide.
Content objective - Teachers and students working together will explore and research the plant’s part and difference between plants. I want to implement it during the plant’s Unit. I think I can use Skype, Google Docs and one of the web albums that can be used online to store our pictures. I think it would be great for us to make an Animoto of our pictures. I would create a Google Document and have my students share their ideas on what they know about plants. Afterwards, I would share this document with the teachers that my classroom is in collaboration with. Once the students have shared their ideas, the educators will have the students research some of the Plants and create a new document showing what they have learned. Finally, the classrooms can either Skype or share a Google Doc, in which we will all compare and contrast the different plants and plant’s part

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. Let me know how I can help you with this. Keep going you are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete