Friday, July 23, 2010

Thing #11

I like how LibraryThing connects people based on the books they share. We can get the benefit of everyone else's work. We can keep track of interesting events, show off our favorite bookstores and libraries, and see who else loves the same places we do. LibraryThing is an excellent site to read reviews of new books and to discuss books with others.

I added 8 books to Library Thing which was very easy. I looked at several groups and chose some by the authors Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Debbie Miller. I like the one for writers/readers , and "Teaching with Love and Logic" by Jim Fay.
We could use the groups to see what people say about books in a genre that we don't usually read. I would recommend the reader groups to people that I know who are readers and would like checking out recommendations from many people who like books similar to what I like. I can see where it would be useful to verify publisher and reviewer recommendations when ordering books for a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment