Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thing #17

Searchroll: Mr.D K205
After seeing the video made by Bruce Goodner, I finally set up my searchrolls because step-by-step instructions made it easy. Now I don't have to wade through so many irrelevant sites to find the one site I found useful before.
I think this is going to be beneficial for my students. I have been worried about sending my kids off to use the internet for research. There are so many great sites out there, but the trick is to find them. With Rollyo they can search the web, but only using the sites that we want, which means they won't get inappropriate sites.
I think Rollyo will make easier to introduce small research projects to young students.
I like how we can explore, save, and personalize those searchrolls created by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment