Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thing #16

I've enjoyed learning about technology at my own pace (Just yesterday, I spent more than 10 hours in front of my computer). I’ve learned a lot about the new things that are available on the web and young people play with it. I was thinking- this is going to change sooner and be replaced by something better- but now I am thinking that we have to keep up with the new technology to keep kids involved in learning.

Wiki's can be used for student group projects. It would be a great way for students to get engaged. It would be nice to use for team planning, meeting, etc. I will use it with my team for planning.
I set up a wiki on PBwiki and named it "K 205 PSE" but did not accomplish much more because my kindergarteners need a more protected environment and this wiki will be open only to the class eliminating the possibility to interact with a broader spectrum of people. Furthermore my students will be able to write until the second nine weeks. (Maybe with wiki they will try to write sooner). I need to improve it!
One thing is for certain: !we're going to have fun with my wiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment