Friday, July 30, 2010

Thing #18

Last Tuesday I attended the conference: “Great Books for Gifted Kids” and discussed different books during the day. It was very interesting because on each table, we had to create a Google document and write our thoughts. It was funny because while I was working in my laptop I could see who was also writing and everybody can writes at the same time or delete or fix the document. It is perfect for group projects. With Goggle Docs, the document is in one place and each of us has access and we can adjust one! We can even add our comments in different colors from the text. As a teachers of the same team could work together from our own room with our own materials to produce lessons. I plan to use Google Docs more often now that I somewhat understand how they work!

I preferred Microsoft Office, because I have been using it for so long; however, I like the idea that I can access the same types of programs for free that I had to pay for with Microsoft Office. I just purchased a new laptop and didn't want to have to spend extra money on Microsoft Office, so I downloaded that and I am very happy with it. Furthermore Open Office does automatically update the program on my computer. Support may not be an issue after all.
I really like the availability of these free online productivity tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment