Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #8







RSS and Readers gather all what I want to know and more, just in one place. It is easier and saves time. I can use Readers as a tool to teach students how to search the web, I can set up websites ahead of time that I want my students to search so that don't have to navigate through the vast number of websites with a regular search engine. As a teacher I can stay up to date with current events at school level and trends in the education system.
I can also have at hand the blogs I want to stay in touch. "Lobster in the Rough" ( http://the5moores.blogspot.com/) is the blog of two women from Maine who traveled to Ethiopia to visit orphans. Ethiopia is one of the 5 poorest countries in the world, with 4 out of every 5 people living on less than $2 a day. Children are dying as a result of drought and lack of food. It was an adventure that change any person.
I have to use it to know more, learn and take advantage of this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment